Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Merchant Risk Analytics team works cross-functionally with Merchant Growth, Machine Learning, Product, Engineering, and other tech teams to establish scalable risk management for merchant acquisition and portfolio monitoring. We're looking for an intelligent, driven individual who wants to learn, grow, and solve hard problems.
The team’s directive is to enable sustainable merchant growth while closely managing the fraud and credit risk of our seller portfolio. This role requires extensive use of data analytics and modeling to structure a scalable merchant acquiring capability. It also requires coding skills to develop platforms & tools for optimizing the processes & strategies and to build models for the merchant portfolio risk management. Given the cross-functional nature of the role, the ideal candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Come join us in our mission to change eCommerce finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best merchant & customer experience.
What you'll do
- Partner with Machine Learning and Engineering on building effective risk management models and capabilities
- Develop and improve risk structuring and tooling to scale risk management capabilities
- Work with Product and Engineering to find opportunities in current onboarding flow to optimize merchant experience and loss prevention
- Build and apply innovative tools and quantitative approaches to solve exciting problems
What we look for
- Senior-level with 2-5 years of experience
- Strong coding skills in Python, SQL, or other scripting languages.
- Strong data-manipulation skills and able to build data-driven solutions
- Able to explore new tools, new methodologies to solve real-world problems
- Love of challenges, desire to understand the broader context of business decisions
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted, and target drove work environment
- A team player with the ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.