Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The infrastructure team at Wish is responsible for building services and tools that form the backbone of Wish’s shopping service. These services are architected to help onboard new features easily and engineered to run at scale with high reliability.
The Core Infrastructure Storage team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining platforms and storage solutions leveraged by the entire engineering organization.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the team, you will participate in building an interactive, self-serve and scalable platform that enables engineers, product managers, business analysts, data scientists, and other stakeholders to analyze data at scale.
The services built in the team need to handle many team’s needs with strong scalability, reliability, and performance requirements.
Analytical Platforms owned by Team: Airflow; Tableau/Superset; Jupyter/Apache Hue; Redshift; [partial] In-house Data Warehouse (Tahoe)
What you'll be doing:
- Build and improve the big data query platform and infrastructure to support a reliable, secure, performant, and efficient big data query capability on hundreds of PB of data.
- You will own and be responsible for various Data Analytical Services & BI tools.
- Improve and customize the internals of open-source big data projects to address our challenges at scale.
- 2+ years of experience in building and maintaining Analytical Platform Services
- 2+ years of experience in one or more open-source big data projects such as Spark, Presto, Hive, Pig, Parquet, etc, and 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering.
- Building and operating a big data platform supporting large-scale queries.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Java, Scala, Python).
- Ability to dive deep into any technical component as well as understand and drive the overall systems architecture.
- Experience with building software on AWS. Expertise in other big data-related open source projects.
- Expertise in other data warehouse systems such as MySQL, Oracle, Snowflake, etc.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.