Staff Engineer (Rust) at NextRoll (San Francisco, CA)
The Contact Data team at NextRoll is seeking a Staff Backend Engineer to help build out a state of the art Customer Data Platform. Your mission will be to work with others to develop a service for storing and querying event and attribute data. This service will serve as the foundation upon which many of NextRoll’s products will be built. As part of the project, you will get to work with cutting-edge technologies such as Rust, GraphQL, and Aurora.
At NextRoll you'll have the opportunity to play with the latest tech, learn new skills, sharpen your existing ones, and make a difference in a rapidly growing company. You’ll also have the chance to compete for the Grand Prize at our bi-annual Engineering Hack Week.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to enter a US NextRoll office. Please notify us to request accommodation.
Our work environment is one where ambition thrives and so will you. We help every employee discover their full potential by giving them opportunities to expand their skill set and develop their career at NextRoll. Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we're committed to helping all of our employees learn and grow.We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.The impact you’ll make:
- Implement features using Rust, Aurora PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Docker, and AWS
- Help shape the architecture and technology selection for an evolving product
- Design high-availability services with fast response times
- Code responsibly: minimize tech debt, advocate for change or investment as needed, test and monitor everything
- Assist and mentor engineers at multiple levels on the team
- Work closely with Product Managers and engineering leaders to design solutions and architectures to meet complex requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in backend engineering
- Professional experience in one or more low-level programming languages such as Rust, Go, or C/C++
- Solid experience in building scalable, high-performance systems
- Experience in distributed computing frameworks and paradigms
- Enthusiasm to work in a vibrant, collaborative, and fast-paced engineering team
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious companies use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an ecommerce marketing platform for growing direct-to-consumer brands. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.