Instacart’s Strategy & BizOps team moves fast to set direction for our organization and solve Instacart’s toughest cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to impact a fast-growing, high-potential startup, with high visibility into Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Analytics, Operations, Business Development & Finance teams.
This particular job opening will focus on the advertising side of the Instacart marketplace. You will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to retailer partnerships. You will need to solve for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, efficiency, and quality) and consider various stakeholders (customers, shoppers, advertisers, and retailers). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and-outs of a cutting-edge tech startup.
You are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling business case.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations for our senior leadership team
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of the P&L across multiple dimensions to understand critical margin drivers and develop insights
- Work with our Business Development team and Instacart Executive Leaders to craft retailer partnership and pricing strategies that will drive long-term growth and margin goals; turn your insights into business-impacting reality
- Identify and triage key questions, issues, and roadblocks facing the company using your business acumen and experience
- Serve as an important cross-functional liaison between Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Business Development, Analytics, Operations, and Finance teams
- 3-4 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Banking, Private Equity, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles. Experience with retail and e-commerce a plus. Candidates with additional years experience may be considered for a manager-level position
- Advanced Excel experience required. Advanced SQL and/or data visualization tools experience a plus
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design creative and sustainable solutions
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects and improving business metrics in a resource-constrained environment
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and consider all stakeholder needs