TIP: Machine Learning Scientist at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This position is through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
- Build advanced machine learning models with a direct impact on Upwork users’ experience.
- Collaborate closely with Scientists, Engineers, Product Managers and other teams in Upwork to build products end-to-end.
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Extensive experience with a variety of machine learning techniques, e.g. Predictive Models, NLP, Neural Networks, Reinforcement Learning.
- At least 2 years industry experience delivering models using SQL, Python
- Knowledge of Tensorflow (or similar alternative)
- Excellent English skills - verbal and written communication
- Able to work on an ongoing, full-time (40 hrs per week) project
- Flexible, fully remote working hours with a required overlap for communication with a team in California (generally until 12 pm PDT)
Nice to Haves (Not Required):
- Familiarity with Spark
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.