Some people go to work.
At RingCentral, you’ll change the way the world works.
RingCentral is the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Marketing Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
RingCentral is looking for an Art Director/Brand Design Manager for RingCentral’s Belmont headquarters, who will be responsible for leading the development of visual design systems for both print and screen-based projects as well as potentially managing individual contributing designers. Design work will be considered end-to-end and consist of conceptualization, wire-framing and graphic design and may contain some user interface design and some end-user acceptance testing. The candidate will have exceptional design skills, the ability to lead design projects, manage design professionals and be able to present and support their design decisions to both the Creative Director and executive staff.
The role will report to the Creative Director and will support several teams within the company who will be looking to develop and improve their existing design projects. The role may be required to provide some after-hours design support on occasion in support of deadlines.
- Work with marketing owners and stakeholders to lead the development of campaigns and design pieces for RingCentral that are informative, align with the brand guidelines and evolve RingCentral’s visual design language.
- Work the Marketing team to create digital artwork that supports brand strategy and campaigns
- Mentor other designers on the team and work to develop their skills as designers
- Create visual design patterns for the print, web and mobile that can be tested and developed for performance and efficacy.
- Collaborate with the design team, brand team and product marketing teams to ensure that new design work is modern, unique and effective.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and the broader design team to align with, and contribute to, the visual design system and brand guidelines.
- Work closely with project managers in order to set and meet realistic deadlines for your projects
- Present, defend and generally be an advocate for your design concepts - use creative review sessions to maximize your projects visibility and minimize revisions.
- Demonstrate leadership in creative review sessions, take and give feedback in a way that is constructive and helpful to peers.
- Experiment with new design methods and techniques for the web, print and page layout – present new work on a quarterly basis to the Creative Director and design team
Qualifications and Skills:
- 8+ years of design experience with both on screen and print
- Strong, well organized and clearly presented portfolio showing relevant design examples
- Experience working with a formal design process including creative briefs, project management software and design time tracking
- Experience working with in-house design team, creative agency or in-house agency model
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe CC applications and Figma
- Extensive knowledge of presentation and collaboration tools – Google G Suite Apps, Microsoft Powerpoint etc.
- Skilled at presenting ideas to colleagues of all levels.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with people across the global organization.
- Thrive on working with tight deadlines across a variety of functional teams in a fast-moving dynamic setting; juggle multiple tasks and projects without showing signs of distress.
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) and Commuter Benefits
- 401K match and ESPP
- Flexible PTO
- Wellness programs including 1:1 wellness coaching through TaskHuman and meditation guidance through Headspace
- Paid parental leave and new parent gift boxes
- Pet insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
- Rocket Lawyer services that provide legal advice, document creation and estate planning
- Employee bonus referral program
RingCentral’s Marketing team uses data, strategy and creativity to share our story with the world—and this is a once-in-a-career chance to help plan, coordinate, implement, and oversee it. As part of the global leader in the Unified Communications space, you’ll be supported with the resources to produce work that not only moves the needle, but moves markets.
RingCentral’s work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.