The Associate Director, UI/UX Design is responsible for leading efforts to research customer requirements and creating new user interface patterns interactions and user flows that meets or supports user needs and goals while also satisfying systems requirements and organizational objectives.
*This role can be office-based in either San Francisco, CA or Wakefield, MA OR remote, provided candidate has ability to travel occasionally.
- Utilize design principles to build engaging customer user interfaces in our product platform.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to understand user goals and business goals to ideate and execute design concepts that deliver on those goals.
- Oversee the creation of appropriate interactive design deliverables (e.g. wireframes, prototypes, mockups, storyboards) and iterate upon multiple ideas.
- Lead development and conduct of internal and external user research and testing to gather qualitative data for design decisions and translate requirements to product development.
- Lead continuous efforts to improve, maintain and enforce design patterns and systems across multiple products.
- Collaborate and negotiate with technical teams to ensure design concepts are feasibility and continually champion importance of design in final products.
- Manage the development of team members through mentorship, coaching and advice.
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- BS in Information Sciences, Data Science, Human-Centered Design or other relevant degree or experience.
- 5+ years of proven ability to translate user needs into effective visual and interactive design
- Knowledge of statistics and principles of experimental design.
- Familiarity with IRT concepts and life science industry is highly desirable
- Knowledge of modern front-end development and performance techniques on mobile and desktop
- Expert in common design tools such as Sketch App, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, JIRA, Aha, Zeplin, Overflow, Visio, etc.
- Experience with Azure DevOps is highly desirable
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including attentive listening and ability to present and articulate ideas and openness to evolve opinions.
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to work in a remote team dynamic.
- Strong personal and time management skills
endpoint is an equal opportunities employer AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability.