Brand Designer at Gusto
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Gusto is looking for a brand designer to join Brand Studio, a cross-disciplinary group of creatives including designers, writers, and developers. The mission of our team is to build a category-defining brand and have a meaningful impact on Gusto’s business by shipping world-class creative.
Your role will be to thoughtfully design and execute a variety of creative projects; from art directing motion graphics and video to designing interactive web experiences. This is a highly collaborative role that will require you to work closely with design and marketing leaders, product teams, and the rest of the Brand Studio team to ship effective marketing projects and campaigns. We’re looking for a creative problem solver who can think strategically but also loves getting into the details that take design from good to great.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design and lead a broad spectrum of design projects and marketing campaigns with multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with designers, writers, photographers, motion graphics designers, web developers, product marketers and beyond to ideate and execute world-class creative
- Represent the design team to internal stakeholders, and provide input that will help shape planning and strategy
- Deliver and solicit feedback to continually improve the Gusto brand and raise the quality and craftsmanship of our output
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of partners and stakeholders
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of design and art direction experience
- 1-2 years experience on an internal creative team
- Experience leading large brand design initiatives from concept to execution
- Experience with art directing photo shoots
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Figma etc.
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Passionate about visual design and art direction
- Experience collaborating closely with marketing organizations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with video production/art direction
- Experience with motion graphics
- Experience with prototyping tools, Keynote, 2D and 3D motion, or video editing
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.