Creative Director, User Experience at RingCentral
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success.
You’ll find all the training, opportunity, and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The global RingCentral User Experience team is based at RingCentral HQ in Belmont, CA. We work closely with local Product and Engineering teams and remote development centers in Odessa, Ukraine, St. Petersburg, Russia, and Xiamen, China. Our team has a voice at the executive level of the organization, reporting directly to the EVP of Innovation. We deliver our initiatives in an environment of collaboration, high productivity, and low drama.
The Creative Director, User Experience, reports to the Vice President of User Experience and design and is a key member of the UX Leadership Team, working closely with the Sr./Directors of Interaction and Product Design, Research, Content Strategy, and Design Operations. The Creative Director guides visual design across our entire suite of enterprise and end-user web/desktop and mobile products and is responsible for the vision end execution of all work created by our visual designers. This is both a visionary and a managerial role. A clear vision for a visual system, developed in collaboration with our Marketing and Branding creative teams ensures a world-class app presence. Managing a growing, global, team of visual designers (currently 4-6 people) ensures that we can execute the vision.
The successful candidate will have a deep portfolio of visual design at all levels of fidelity from rough sketches to final spec documents, with a specific emphasis on the design and socialization of design systems.
You work equally well with designers, executives, and engineers, understanding the symbiosis that exists among the teams. You adapt well to changing priorities and different flavors of projects, from forward-thinking initiatives to clearly defined projects that move fast and are quick wins for the team. You have a passion for design and innovation and understand that culture is the foundation of success in UX.
You must be able to lead multiple projects, with hands on guidance, engaging at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to executive staff.
- Partner with marketing design, Interaction design, and engineering to lead the visual design for our unified message, video, and phone experiences on desktop and mobile, translating objectives into clear creative strategies, and selling those creative strategies and proposed execution at the highest levels of the organization.
- Drive large projects from conception through delivery with a collaborative design approach
- Balance large projects with requests for rapid ideation and design exploration\
- Meet with upper management to explain strategies and solutions
- Hire, manage, and cultivate the career development of visual design team members in multiple geographies.
- Review work, coach, guide, and grow a team.
- Drive timelines, coordinate resources, and communicate constantly for alignment and transparency within a cross-functional team
- Act as a key liaison with the global engineering teams responsible for the implementation of the designs
- Plan and facilitate collaboration and design activities with UX and cross-functional teams (e.g. brainstorms, design sprints, workshops)
- Communicate your ideas to broad audiences from your peers to executive leadership
- Build relationships with your UX peers, marketing, product, and engineering partners
- Contribute to the growth and culture of the UX team
- Be proactive, open, honest, and transparent
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in a Visual Communication Design discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in digital design such as apps, desktop, web, and/or digital ecosystems, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong portfolio showcasing visual design skills
- MFA or other advanced degree Visual Communication design or a related field.
- 15+ years of experience as a design practitioner (visual designer, interaction designer) on both consumer and enterprise applications.
- The UX team is largely located in Belmont, CA. And, while preference will be given to those candidates who are local enough to maintain and establish a physical headquarters presence, location should not diminish the enthusiasm of a qualified candidate.
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center, and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.