Creative Director at Tonal
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:07 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a boundary-pushing, collaborative, and highly experienced Creative Director to help develop new and exciting content that impacts all touchpoints across the customer journey. This role will directly oversee creative from concept through to execution—ensuring the Creative and Marketing teams are working in lock-step to execute thoughtful, innovative and goal-oriented work.
The ideal candidate has a strong design background; is self-motivated and inspirational; maintains high personal standards; and has an exceptional understanding of effective communication across all marketing and brand channels. We want someone who has a passion for iteration and pushing creative to be as breakthrough and impactful as possible.
What You Will Do
- Evolve, own, and iterate on the brand visual identity and voice for multi-channel campaigns that touch all areas of the customer experience—including social, retail, web, product/packaging, and experiential elements of the brand
- Guide the creative process from start to finish, ensuring all work reflects our visual/verbal identity and is representative of our brand positioning
- Strategically push the creative integrity of all campaigns and deliverables while meeting the business objectives of the brief
- Be a dedicated coach who takes an active role in the professional growth of the team, ensuring they have the resources and opportunity to expand their skills
- Operate at a leadership level while managing a growing team of designers across art direction, copy, and design, ensuring a high standard of execution while never missing an opportunity to mentor and motivate
- Partner closely with Marketing and Product Design teams and other key stakeholders throughout the business to develop effective creative that meets cross-functional needs without sacrificing brand standards
- Ensure strategic creative direction that advances the brand and is continuously iterative to keep up with Tonal’s rapid growth and ambition
- Direct photo and video shoots to ensure flawless execution of concept while always looking for opportunities to innovate and perfect
- Work efficiently to ensure timelines and budgets are met, and any delays/overages are proactively discussed
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience in brand creative direction with an emphasis on design and art direction
- Experience in producing visuals and copy for digital, video, print and other broadcast channels; exceptional skill with the nuances of product-oriented creative direction
- Ability to lead a team and coach/edit others -- to take their work and make them sparkle
- Proficiency with Adobe, InDesign, and other software program
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines when necessary
- Can work independently (self-starting) and within a team
Read Full Job Description