Customer Education eLearning Instructional Designer
About The Role & Team
You will work cross-functionally with Customer Success, Professional Services, Platform Support and Product Engineering to develop engaging learning experiences for our users. This could include eLearning, videos, virtual classes, simulations, interactive tutorials, in-product walkthroughs, and hands on labs. Whatever it takes to "meet users where they live" and deliver effective learning.
This is an exciting opportunity to utilize and grow your skills in interactive design, video production and eLearning development. If you are able to scope, develop and deliver learning solutions for a large, diverse audience, you are ideal for this position.
As our eLearning Instructional Designer, you will:
- Own the Amplitude eLearning experience, with a focus on creating and supporting creative and effective content
- Collaborate with cross-functional department leaders to assess needs, define course objectives and create curriculum
- Design and develop new content, and update existing content, based on corporate needs
- Create eLearning courses with simplified user navigation, screen/page template designs and script development including text, voice, sound and graphics
- Create and facilitate training courses both live and online
- Provide Train the Trainer sessions to other resources at Amplitude to empower them to facilitate training
- Measure results, and continuously evaluate and refine eLearning program
- Experiment with new approaches to learning which drive engagement and help us scale
- "Bend the curve" by constantly evolving how we build and deliver learning
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Demonstrated ability in partnering with stakeholders to turn complex technical subject matter into interactive, easy-to-follow eLearning courses – 3+ years of relevant experience preferred
- The ability to create eLearning courses explaining specific functionality of software using small video snippets
- Hands-on experience using eLearning development software, such as Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate
- The ability to utilize video recording and editing software, such as Adobe Premiere or Camtasia
- The ability to teach both in virtual and live classrooms
- Technical curiosity/orientation with a passion for instructional design
- Understanding of Learning Management Systems (LMS) and maintaining SCORM-compliant courses and reporting
- Experience working in a Learning Management Systems (LMS) or Learning Experience Platform (LXP).
- Extreme bonus points if you have familiarity with Amplitude, too!
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.