Design Manager, AEC Vertical at Unity Technologies
Unity is a multi-platform game engine that can be used to create video games and applications for a multitude of devices, enabling the usage of real time 3d in applications for architecture, automotive and industrial verticals, allowing these verticals to enhance their current workflows significantly, achieving new levels of productivity for content creators.
We are looking for a design manager who can drive design strategy and execution for AEC workflows. You are an experienced design leader or senior designer who’s successfully mentored designers and driven a strategic product area from early concept to release. You excel at dealing with ambiguity and facilitating a structured design process that leads to the best ideas and experience outcomes. You think in terms of systems and patterns and understand the importance of balancing relevance and consistency in your decision making. You possess a curious mind for learning new technology and a passion for exploring how it can be leveraged to create transformative user experiences. You are able to operate at all levels, from strategic thinking to the finest details of design. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and sketch ideas and bring them to life via storyboards.
In this role, you will be part of Unity’s Verticals Design team which is a diverse group of people who believe in empowering creativity through technology You will work closely with other Unity Design leaders, Product Managers, and Engineering leadership to define our product vision, engender alignment and consistency, and deliver world-class experiences for our users.
- Work with stakeholders and product team leads to devise a product strategy and roadmap for AEC and related workflows
- Lead and manage a group of Designers working on AEC tools and workflows
- Manage UX resource allocation and task prioritization and ensure that the right trade-offs are made throughout the product development cycle
- Partner with Design leaders at Unity to drive design alignment and consistency across workflows and product areas
- Work with user research to continually pursue customer satisfaction via usability studies and user engagements
- Experience in UX design for technical domains, such as productivity tools, developer tools or designing large-scale, complex applications
- Some experience in people management and leadership
- Practical knowledge and experience with 3D content creation tools and game development pipelines
- A portfolio that demonstrates an in-depth and thoughtful design process and how it’s been applied in previous projects
- Be able to motivate others and bring out the best ideas through an inclusive design process
- Experience with Unity
- Proven track record of successfully delivering results in an agile development environment
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
#LI MS-1 #SEN