Design is essential to achieving Faire’s vision and our team is responsible for setting and delivering best-in-class design experiences.
As a Design Manager, you'll have the opportunity to build and manage a high-performing team of Product Designers who are crafting the products our users interact with from the ground up. You’ll fully own a strategic pillar of our product, collaborate with Product and Engineering to create the vision and roadmap, and then lead a team to execute against it.
As A Design Manager You Will:
- Own a strategic pillar of our product, setting the vision and then executing against it
- Lead a high-performing team of Product Designers to execute against our product roadmap
- Maintain high levels of engagement amongst the team
- Coach and provide feedback on your team’s performance, helping them to develop clear career development goals and action plans on how to achieve them
- Ensure the completion and delivery of high-quality design work so that we can continually improve how we design and build products
- Partner directly with our Head of Design to evolve the Product Design team: our people, our structure, and our processes
- Help to shape the design team’s culture through mentorship, collaboration, feedback, and process iteration.
- 2+ years managing Designers (or equivalent experience)
- A working knowledge of the full stack of product design, from systems thinking to visual design.
- Experience designing digital products and systems. This isn’t solely a people management role—you’ll also be involved with and guide the product work. All of our managers care deeply about and actively engage in our product development process, details, and outcomes.
- Thoughtful communication skills and strong story-telling abilities. You can present design decisions and processes openly, clearly, and confidently, regardless of the audience.
- A collaborative approach. You believe that product, design, and engineering decisions are inextricably linked and aim to be a great partner to other designers and stakeholders across the company.
- Ability to build strong and positive cross-functional relationships
- Passion for building amazing products that people love
- A growth-mindset. You’re open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. You’re open to changing your opinion with new information or understanding of product goals. You’re willing to work outside your comfort zone and are excited about learning and growing to take your professional skills and career to the next level.
Faire is an innovative online marketplace that uses machine learning to match local retailers with the makers of products that uniquely fit their stores. We are using the power of technology to connect makers and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 50,000 small business owners.
Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling. It’s a way of life that offers people a level of autonomy and fulfillment that’s become difficult to find elsewhere in our economy. Most of our customers have left behind jobs they hated to take a chance on themselves. We want to make sure their boldness and self-belief gets rewarded.
This mission also extends to the way we are building the company. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.