Head of Design (Multiple Locations) at Evidation Health
*Considering candidates in San Mateo, Santa Barbara, or US based remote*
Evidation Health is seeking a driven and experienced Head of Design to join our collaborative team, working to think strategically across both our consumer and enterprise products. As the Head of Design you will help envision, define, and design the future of Evidation’s products, while always maintaining a user-centered design approach.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a strong voice for design throughout the company, and create a strong culture of user-centered approaches for the organization.
- Manage and coach a small and growing team of designers. Make strategic recommendations on future team structure and growth, and recruit talented new members to the team.
- Collaborate actively on a shared product vision, strategy and roadmap with cross-functional leads and ensure continued alignment on priorities and timelines.
- Solve complex design challenges to create simple-to-use and engaging product experiences for customers, including Achievement members and internal teams, across desktop web, mobile web, and mobile apps.
- Lead design execution across user research, product definition, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mocks and engineering implementation, while meeting user and technical requirements.
- Continue to evolve operating models for the design team to ensure effectiveness. Set design priorities, tempo and execution against design milestones to reach Evidation’s overall goals and vision.
- Be an inspirational leader using your creativity, vision, persistence, and collaboration.
- Strong design portfolio that demonstrates problem solving skills, adaptability, and high design caliber
- 10+ years experience designing consumer-facing digital experiences on mobile and web applications, with 5+ years experience managing and growing a team
- Fluency in modern design trends, tools, and technology
- Rigorous understanding of design principles balanced with a strong visual design sensibility
- Understanding of basic development and technical limitations/possibilities in order to develop design solutions with practical considerations in mind
- Proven track record in implementing user-centered design practices and building high performing design teams
- Has run experiments, worked with cross-functionally to iterate on product experiences and drive positive outcomes for users
- Exceptional problem solver and self-starter
- Innate and proven ability to develop, manage and empower a design team with humility
- Strong design mentality and intuition
- Desire to be a great thought partner with cross-functional teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, with comfort navigating ambiguity
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills when conveying design decisions and working collaboratively with product managers, engineers, and other team members to build out designs
- Prior experience in healthcare or health-tech preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or design-related discipline
Evidation measures health in everyday life and enables anyone to participate in groundbreaking research and health programs. Built upon a foundation of user privacy and control over permissioned health data, Evidation's Achievement platform is trusted by millions of individuals—generating data with unprecedented speed, scale, and rigor. We partner with leading healthcare companies to understand health and disease outside the clinic walls. Guided by our mission to enable and empower everyone to participate in better health outcomes, Evidation is working to bring people individualized, proactive, and accessible healthcare—faster.OUR VALUES
- Put individuals first
- Challenge each other and state your good intent
- Go fast while maintaining quality and integrity
- Work to win together
- Competitive salary + performance bonus + equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with generous company contribution
- Company-provided life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Wellness and wearable device reimbursements, mental health benefits, wellness programs
- Employee advisory committee focused around diversity, equity, inclusion, and belongingness
- Distributed teams and flexible work hours
- Take time when you need it: 13 paid company holidays + flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Mobile phone, home internet, and home office furniture reimbursements
- Apple laptop and your choice of monitor + noise cancelling headphones
- LinkedIn Learning and other professional growth opportunities