Head of Design at Grand Rounds
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:05 p.m. (PST) on Monday, May 11, 2020
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
We are seeking an experienced Head of Design to drive our product design vision and lead and grow our team of designers. Grand Rounds is passionate about design and we are committed to re-envisioning how our members experience healthcare, removing the complexity and barriers that prevent members from getting the right care for them and their families. We see design as a strategic advantage as we try and raise the standard of care for everyone, everywhere. You will report to the SVP of Product, and help build a world-class design organization.
- Define bold, long-term product visions for our products and services, and motivate both teams and individual designers to achieve them that helps us raise the standard of care for our 5M members (and the millions more to come)
- Attract top talent and continue to build the design team
- Mentor the design team; provide meaningful critique, advice, and guidance to create the best possible designs
- Inspire the team to do good work, supporting designers with career goals and growth paths, build skills and provide creative direction and feedback
- Create and evangelize a strong design culture
- Represent the design viewpoint at a leadership level; shape product roadmaps
- Elevate our product experience in ways that make our products and services useful, usable, and desirable for our members to solve their healthcare needs
What We Look For:
- 10+ years of experience with end-to-end product design; with a significant portion in a leadership role
- 5+ years of full time experience managing and growing a design team
- Strong preference for design leaders that come from the consumer product world to build true consumer-grade experiences
- Strong design practitioner
- Data-driven; you understand how to use data to guide product decisions
- We want folks who are good communicators, low ego, team players, collaborative and willing to bring their best self to work.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description