Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered digital hospital, starting with musculoskeletal health. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we are poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $126M to date and has 200+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
We’re looking for a mission-driven design leader to join us in creating behavioral health change. You will be a leader within the product development team and will develop a vision of the end to end experience of how our patients engage with our product and guide the execution of this vision. You will also partner with our leadership team to come up with our design and brand strategy, and translate that across a multitude of touchpoints, including app, web, hardware, and print. This is a high-impact role with the opportunity to empower tens of thousands of people to get back to the things they love.
The ideal candidate will have experience in UX, HCI, service design, or product design for consumer or user-facing enterprise mobile apps. Startup, healthcare, or hardware experience is a plus but not a must. We’re looking for an individual who always goes to the end user, is comfortable prototyping and iterating quickly to validate, and can see the "big picture" but is also willing to continuously improve every detail of our user experience.
- Lead product and creative vision
- Manage and grow a high performing design team
- Recruit high caliber designers
- Collaborate with Product to refine project requirements, user needs, and business needs
- Wireframe workflows for first use, edge cases, and error states
- Design layouts, UI, UX, interaction patterns, visual design, and system components
- Conduct user research with contextual interviews, think-alouds, A/B tests, surveys and analysis
- Collaborate with engineering to refine specs until final implementation
- Communicate design vision and interaction with prototypes, presentations, and mocks
- Must provide a strong portfolio of design work demonstrating end-to-end product design on every stage of the product lifecycle
- Experience leading design teams
- Experience working on end-user facing products
- Deep knowledge of UX best practices in mobile applications
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent field
- 8+ years of UX/product/service design experience
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe, Invision
- Self-directed and able to manage multiple complex projects in a timely manner
- Experience in healthcare, education, exercise, or other program delivery design
- Master’s degree in Interaction Design, HCI
- Proficiency in Framer, Principle; accessibility design, internationalisation
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional development budget
- Monthly fitness/gym reimbursement
- Annual mental wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
When applying, please share a link to your portfolio. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.