Meraki makes setting up and maintaining reliable Internet and Internet-powered devices easier than ever before. We enable organizations everywhere, from local libraries to hotels operating worldwide, to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works.
We’re looking for a Head of Product Design to lead and grow our hardworking team of product designers. As the Head of Product Design at Meraki, you’ll use your experience and passion for rigorous research and design processes, coaching and mentoring teams, and collaborating across disciplines to deliver product experiences that simply work for our users. This position requires a design leader comfortable with complex domains, who is able to lead big-picture initiatives while staying attentive to the details.
You’ll help your team collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other partners to craft human-centered enterprise and consumer products. You’ll set and drive product vision, excellent design, and cross-functional relationships to promote design’s strategic value within the organization. As the Head of Design, you’ll advocate for the users and for the efforts of your team to make all products better at Meraki.
Our team’s primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer journey.Responsibilities
- Lead and grow the product design team through coaching and mentoring to deliver excellent work.
- Guide and help articulate design principles, processes, and team structure.
- Recruit, cultivate, and retain talented team members
- Learn about Meraki’s mission, business, and customers to help define and drive the future of design at Meraki.
- Find opportunities for innovation and provide thoughtful counsel as a member of the senior leadership group.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, strategy, and other departments at Meraki to develop a smooth and scalable product development process centered around customer experience.
- Set clear goals and expectations and help promote a highly collaborative, fun, and creative team culture
- You’ve hired and grown teams quickly, successfully leading teams through rapidly changing environments.
- You’ve managed and mentored medium-to-large design teams (7+), including managers and designers. You value mentorship, coaching, and growing people’s skills on the team.
- You’ve got a nuanced understanding of the design process and how to adapt it to different contexts.
- You recognize and support high quality work across various design subdisciplines—user research, visual design, interaction design, facilitation, etc.
- You’ve led teams to simplify complex software products.
- You’ve driven strategy and direction for both team and product.
- You’ve collaborated with product managers and engineers to ship successful software products on desktop and mobile.
- 10+ years of overall professional design experience
- 5+ years of experience in product design management and leadership, preferably in software for enterprise and small business
- Fluency in UX best practices with a passion for simplifying complex problems
- Demonstrated record working with cross-functional teams to deliver software products
- A strong portfolio of design work showing end-to-end product design and experience managing teams
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, less than a 5 minute walk from the Chase Center and with beautiful views of the AT&T Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every single day, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.