Instructional Design and Training Specialist
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing challenger banking company in the U.S., with over 5M accounts and no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, gives members early access to their paychecks and helps them grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $300M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, and others. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
You are a detail-oriented, creative and analytical learner and teacher with experience designing, managing and facilitating learning solutions with large groups across multiple business functions.
In this role, you’ll be expected to design, develop and deliver learning solutions. You will report directly to our Instructional Design Manager while working closely with support partners located nearshore and stateside to train our teams to deliver high-touch financial services support. We are rapidly iterating on our product and introducing new features frequently to help our Members achieve financial peace of mind. You will work with a team of content developers to help our support teams understand our product offerings and deepen our relationship with our Members through world-class service.
This role requires someone who thrives in a flat, fast-moving organization using lightweight processes, creative ideas, and quick iteration to make a significant impact. You and your team will be accountable for shaping Chime’s Learning and Development strategy and policies.
- Manage current content
- Partner with instructional designers to produce and publish content
- Partner with BPO training partners to facilitate or develop micro-content
- Track and audit eLearning and ILT on the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Create additional learning evaluation opportunities around application of skills learned
- Travel to call center sites in U.S. and Mexico (facilitation and coaching)
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of facilitation experience
- Experience developing learning content (e.g., classroom training, eLearning, quick reference guides)
- Experience tracking attendance and/or proficiency in a classroom or other setting
- Have or be in-process getting a valid passport
- 30% travel nearshore and stateside contact center sites
- Experience managing content on LMS a plus
- Certificate or degree in relevant field a plus
- Experience with eLearning authoring and data & admin tools such as Storyline 360, Camtasia, TTS, LMS a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.