Instructional Design and Training Specialist at Chime
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
This is a new role at Chime, reporting to our Instructional Design Manager. In this role, you’ll be expected to design, develop, deliver and oversee existing and future learning & development programming. You will be expected to help grow a team of content developers and training specialists, as we scale our support vendor operations globally. You will help drive the learning and development strategy that impacts nearly 1,000 BPO employees and millions of Chime members. This is a senior role, highly visible, and has a considerable impact on our success and the experience of our members.
This role requires someone who thrives in a fast-moving organization using lightweight processes, creative ideas, and quick iteration to make a significant impact. This role requires a detail-oriented, creative and metrics-driven problem solver with extensive experience designing and developing learning solutions. You and your team will be accountable for shaping Chime’s Learning and Development strategy and policies.
- Lead design of high impact learning solutions
- Manage current content
- Partner with instructional designers to produce and publish content
- Partner with BPO training partners to facilitate or develop micro-content
- Track and audit eLearning and ILT on the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Maintain and hold accountable to organization SOPs, SLAs and design standards
- Identify high impact project SMEs internally and externally
- Partner with other copy & content writers at Chime for alignment with the Chime voice and branding
- Accelerate current learning content for customer-facing agents with an agile, asynchronous, blended learning approach
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years of instructional design experience or 5+ years in a learning & development role
- Experience applying instructional design methodologies to create high impact learning solutions aligned with specific business needs
- Experience designing evaluation strategy & execution to evaluate the efficacy of learning programs
- Experience with eLearning authoring and data & admin tools such as Storyline 360, Camtasia, TTS, LMS
- Experience designing and developing simultaneous high impact learning solutions (with a heavy emphasis on 1) eLearning solutions, and 2) soft skills solutions)
- Experience managing robust content on LMS
- Experience designing learning program evaluation methods, tools and strategy, including data analysis and visualization proving alignment and impact to bottomline
- Experience leading a team of content developers, trainers, instructional designers, including skill development and coaching experience
- Quarterly travel to Mexico City, Monterrey, San Salvador, Reno and possibly Chicago
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.