Instructional Designer at Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki is known for simplifying powerful technology through our products and services, and for the people that are changing the face of enterprise networking. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are making cloud-managed IT a reality. As part of an entrepreneurial team, you will be at the forefront of leading the design of Meraki’s in-house training solutions. Your work will ensure our people are equipped with the knowledge and skills to achieve their career goals.
We are looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to work with us on a project basis to assist in everything from conducting interviews with Subject Matter Experts to designing learning content and evaluation strategies. You will be working on projects across subject areas in sales, leadership development, new hire onboarding, and more. The right candidate will be passionate about learning and development and interested in building a long-term relationship with Meraki. Our team is based in San Francisco, so West Coast time zones preferred, but not required.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with our learning partners to co-create virtual and live trainings for all of Meraki
- Work closely with Merakians across roles to conduct needs analyses, interview SMEs, and define the most valuable content for Meraki’s learning needs
- Design and develop clear, engaging, and professional learning content, including self-paced e-learning content, live facilitation guides and decks, participant workbooks, and more
- Review existing training materials for content and structure and work to improve design
- Create and implement evaluation strategies for trainings, including developing surveys, knowledge assessments, and reports
- Preferred 2-3 years of experience developing blended learning experiences, but the # of years is flexible for the right person
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theories with an eye for beautiful visual design
- Experience working with technical SMEs and translating complex topics for broad audiences
- Experience in designing learning objectives that connect to business outcomes and implementing evaluation strategies that tie directly to those outcomes
- Experience in Learning Management Systems, bonus for Absorb & Degreed
- Experience with Articulate, interactive e-learning, and VOD
- The usual: good communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a global team, excellent time-management skills, and a willingness to learn
- Prefered experience working in a sales environment (but not necessary)
If you have an amazing portfolio, but are newer or not sure if you meet the requirements above, let’s talk!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.