Cisco Meraki knows that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
The Cisco Meraki BU Learning & Development Team is looking for a passionate, experienced instructional designer with a track record of success and a portfolio to prove it. This position will consult with managers, peers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other stakeholders to design creative, engaging learning solutions to support a variety of different delivery modes. The ideal candidate has a great attitude, isn’t afraid of change or ambiguity, and is experienced in self-paced Web-Based Training (WBT) solutions as well as Instructor-Led Training (ILT) delivered in a classroom setting.Responsibilities
- Understand the needs of the business and role(s) of the identified target audience in order to assess learning needs and design a course.
- Communicate with, and interview, SMEs and other Merakians in order to build rapport, establish trust, determine learning needs, and gather information used in curricular development.
- Perform task and needs analysis and develop learning objectives tied to desired outcomes.
- Create learning solution proposals, storyboards, mockups, and other pre-production material for stakeholder review and approval.
- Develop advanced curricular material for delivery via WBT or ILT, along with all requisite deliverables such as package files, presentations, job aides, videos, graphics, and participant/facilitator guides.
- Participate in determining a course evaluation strategy and develop the requisite knowledge and/or skill assessments.
- Analyze learning material produced by SMEs and others following a rapid development model and make recommendations for improvement.
- Perform maintenance of existing courses to ensure that they are accurate and in-line with the latest course offerings.
- Analyze reports and other metrics to determine opportunities for course enhancement.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies, tools, techniques, and methodologies in the learning and development area and make recommendations for future consideration.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline (or a comparable content authoring tool for eLearning development) producing content for a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Understanding of adult learning theory and associated principles.
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- A degree in education, instructional design, training and development, or similar program.
- Experience developing learning content for a technical audience.
- Experience with virtual learning, blended learning, and micro-learning.
- Experience with the Absorb LMS.
- Experience producing, shooting, and editing videos for using in training programs.
Are you wondering what it's like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a beautiful office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer for causes you believe in. Cisco Meraki has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.