Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Customer Success team at Planet is seeking an innovative learning professional with experience and expertise in developing educational materials for a diverse external audience of partners, program administrators and end users. This person will be a primary driver of the vision for our educational efforts and will own eLearning asset development from inception to completion. They must be skilled in using and operating learning management systems; instructional design, curriculum development and project management of educational content for web-based training. Collaborating with Multimedia Design, Education team members, Customer Success, Product, Product Marketing, and related teams are critical for success. The ideal candidate is customer focused, tech-savvy, proactive and design-minded. They have a passion for customer education, collaboration and an understanding of adult learning principles and theories.
The Customer Education team at Planet owns the creation and evolution of learning materials for our customers to enable their adoption and success. The primary asset types, localized in multiple languages, are: self-serve learning paths, short and long format videos, tipsheets, articles, technical guides, and live webinars.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Drive the vision and design of Planet education solutions via eLearning materials.
- Serve as the main curriculum developer for all new educational materials we create.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure product, brand, and legal compliance.
- Maintain our Learning Management System (LMS) as a system administrator and chief content.
- Lead and manage the creation and updates to existing materials for ongoing product releases.
- Manage our asset library by auditing, updating, retiring content, and updating the channel of distribution owners.
- Create engaging and applicable learning materials to scale globally in multiple formats for a diverse global user audience.
What You Bring:
- 3+ years of instructional/learning design experience
- 3+ years of copywriting experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Extensive Learning Management System (LMS) experience
- Presentation design (Keynote/PowerPoint)
- Curriculum development/course authoring (Rise 360 or similar)
- Familiarity with adult learning theories and principles
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Familiarity with GIS and remote sensing systems
- Experience in multimedia production (A/V work, deck templates, infographics, animations, etc.)
- Experience teaching and developing educational resources/curricula in academia or customer education
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,000- $122,000. his role is eligible for commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.#LI-AP1#LI-REMOTE