Lead Designer, Product
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the role
We’re seeking a talented and driven Lead Product Designer to join the growing Design team at Chime, where we are working hard to better the financial lives of our members. You’ll be working as a team lead for our consumer facing experiences. Your focus will be making finance and managing money simple, intuitive, and easy. You’ll be a voice and relentless advocate for our members as you expand upon Chime’s product offering.
As a Lead Product Designer, you’ll be contributing with individual work as well as leading other designers and improving design team processes. You know that user experience goes beyond pixels and you’re able to influence organizations to create experiences that hit the highest bar. You will facilitate cross-functional collaborations, which will help the design team operate more strategically, holistically, and effectively. You will also help set the gold standard for design execution by collaborating closely with the Head of Design, and together you’ll establish a vision for the future of Chime’s customer service and tooling.
- Put the user first in all decisions. Don’t lessen their problems, actually eliminate them.
- Champion high caliber design throughout Chime. You’re a role model to other designers and other parts of the company.
- Own full-stack design work, from hand sketches through to hifi mockups and prototypes
- Work on products not as a singular feature, but as an entire experience that can scale and grow
- Manage and iterate upon our internal design system and brand language
- Present work to, collaborate with, and influence product managers, engineers research, exec team, and other stakeholders
- Wear multiple design hats, helping to work on any project as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, product design, or related design field (or applicable experience)
- 5+ years of proven history shipping consumer mobile and/or web products
- Experience leading and mentoring other designers, and a knack for inspiring others to be their best every day
- Ability to tackle a problem in fundamentally different ways and weigh the pros/cons of each
- Ability to balance business objectives with user needs. You represent both sides and balance your design decisions, getting the best possible outcome for both.
- A relentless desire to make banking really, really, really (we mean it!) work for our user’s benefit
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.