Lead Product Designer, New Products at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
The Dash team is on a mission to organize workflows. We are building a daily-use AI centric productivity tool that lets the user seamlessly search across all their apps, and automatically organizes an individual and teams’ content and context. We want to help customers instantly find, triage and get assistance on what they need to take action on—across any ecosystem.
As the Lead Designer on OTC (Organize the Cloud) Managed Foundation team, you will play a key role in bringing Dash to Enterprise customers. Initially your team will own delivering IT Admin tooling and deployment experiences, to help them enable their teams to adopt our new AI-product. Your team will also drive creating admin-tailored takes on the core Dash experiences.
You’ll collaborate closely with all other teams across OTC and across all of Dropbox to craft seamless end-to-end journeys that touch almost every aspect of the Dash and Dropbox experience. On your team you will work closely daily with your PM, Eng, and Researcher partner to define the needs and experiences for IT Admins at large enterprises. You will be a central part of the go-to-market motions of Dash, and frequently interact with key stakeholders across Dropbox. Across the Dash Design team, you’ll also play a key role in defining processes, teaching best practices, and elevating the craft bar.
- Setting direction for the product: driving product-market-fit exploration and longer term strategies for a 0-1 product.
- Plan and design features for IT Admins that give them the control they need to safely and responsibly deploy, use, and get value from AI-powered tools to hundreds and thousands of users on their team
- Guiding the immediate development process: planning roadmaps with your PM partner and partnering closely with engineers and Research.
- Regularly meet with top stakeholders for the go-to-market motions for Dash, and represent the broader Design team and IT admin experiences in those forums.
- Running design sprints or related exercises to quickly synthesize insights, iterate on solutions, and evaluate with regular customer contact throughout.
- Executing detailed and thorough designs accounting for edge cases and technical constraints.
- Socializing and collaborating on your work—with your immediate team, in addition to more broadly across Dropbox.
- Mentoring members of our team in methods, craft, communication, and socialization.
- 5+ years of UX-related work experience, with 1+ year of experience in a 0→1 environment (leading projects from discovery through shipping/iteration).
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style.
- Steadfast empathy for our users, a burning curiosity in their lives and problems
- Excellent product design strategy and interaction design skills including some experience with prototyping.
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and other cross-functional stakeholders across organizational boundaries.
- Ownership mindset with a bias towards action, helping to drive teams and projects forward.
- Culture builder with excitement around building trusting and collaborative environments
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Current Salary/OTE Ranges (Subject to change):
C$148,800 - C$175,000 - C$201,300