Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish Local was spun out of Wish’s innovation team this past year after achieving unmistakable product-market fit, and we’re looking to grow the product and team in a number of exciting ways this year. As a pillar of the company’s overarching product strategy, Wish Local has provided small local retail businesses a lifeline of customer foot traffic during the dual threats of the retail apocalypse and an everlasting pandemic. What’s next? We are exploring bold and groundbreaking concepts to take Wish Local to the next level for both our store partners and Wish customers.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to help lead this process in generating and executing brilliant solutions in a field and an era in dire need for them. Our local culture and community life is dependent on a thriving retail sector, but we believe that adaptation is necessary for stores to survive. Wish Local is looking to experiment with a number of new initiatives to apply our technological aptitude at Wish to solving intractable problems in local retail.
The ideal candidate has had substantial experience ideating, pitching, leading, and aligning a variety of stakeholders and fellow designers through compelling, net new product experiences. They are also an expert in their craft and can execute at a high level to create impactful designs for a global audience. They’ll own the full-stack design process and lead by example, building up the next generation of digital product designers along the way.Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant product design experience. This isn’t your first rodeo and you can leverage your experience to improve our design output.
- A Bachelor's degree in Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience mentoring and leading by example within a team.
- The ability to ideate products from scratch and improve features within a user-centered design process.
- The ability to take collaborative initiative while working cross functionally with Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Content Strategists and Product Managers.
- A portfolio highlighting multiple professional projects that demonstrates experience in crafting usable digital interfaces
- Explore new paradigms and novel product experience solutions.
- Guide and shape foundational design team processes and frameworks.
- Branch out—use your unique skill with animation, design systems, prototyping, motion design, or user research to add delight to the product experience.
A guide and mentor.
- Demonstrate what great craftsmanship and execution can look like.
- Share thoughtful, constructive peer feedback on design processes and advice on career growth.
- Mentor and influence the next generation of designers through example and by sharing your knowledge and passion for design.
A true user advocate.
- Ensure that Wish users are prioritized during every phase of the design process.
- Communicate the user experience with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, or high fidelity prototypes.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into the product experience.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.