Lead UX Researcher at Credit Karma
About the role:
- We’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher to help advance our team and lead research for two of our key product teams. As a member of our small, but growing UX Research department, you’ll have a hand in shaping the role of UX Research at Credit Karma and championing a member-centric approach to our products, business, and culture. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys forward-looking intrapreneurial roles, but who is also seeking the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Partnering closely with designers, product managers, and marketing partners, our UX Research team conducts exploratory, formative, and evaluative research studies that enable teams to make informed and confident decisions. In this role you’ll be expected to plan, lead and socialize high profile research projects. You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work efficiently and effectively with cross-functional teams. You can perform and improvise under tight timelines and changing environments. You are a natural leader and an advocate for our Members. You are an excellent communicator, excited to work closely with stakeholders, comfortable in a flat, fast moving, collaborative organization, and motivated by Credit Karma’s mission to help champion financial progress for all!
What you'll do:
- Act in a consultative and advisory role to various levels within the design and product teams to identify research topics and plan studies for both generative and evaluative purposes.
- Plan design and lead research projects end to end, and facilitate the experience for your team.
- Conduct research using a wide range of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods.
- Package insights into tools and assets for designers, product managers, content strategists, and marketing partners to leverage (personas, frameworks, use cases, design principles, scenarios, etc)Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways, tailoring findings to suit the audience.
- Support project team members in transforming research findings and insights into innovative solutions that inform both user and business problems and that deliver measurable outcomes.
- Drive leadership buy in and support by regularly meeting, presenting findings, connecting to business outcomes and quantifying business value.
- Find creative and compelling ways to present and evangelize insights throughout the company.
- Create artifacts, educational tools, experiences and processes that help build and evangelize the UX Research department within the larger organization.
What is expected:
- 7+ years experience in applied product research and consumer tech.
- Experience in “builder environments” with a track record of engaging and leading cross-functional teams through new territory, and delivering on measurable business outcomes.
- Passion for advocating for an organization’s customers and championing new ideas, tools, and experiences that solve their needs and engage them in the business.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, and experience identifying, planning, and solving for operational needs (budget, tools, cadences, etc.).
- Command of a broad set of qualitative research and user-centered design methods.
- Comfort and familiarity with quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, with strong ability to synthesize and communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing.
- Experience creating customer-centric deliverables (i.e. frameworks, journey maps, videos, etc.).
- Bonus: domain expertise in fintech, credit cards, loans, shopping.
- A bachelor’s degree is required and a Masters degree is a bonus - a degree in Design, HCI, MSI, MBA, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Anthropology or a related field considered an advantage
What's great about the opportunity:
- What we’re doing as a company is ambitious and feels good: we’re offering free tools to people that help them improve their financial lives. And what we’re doing as a team is fundamental to the company’s success
- We are a relatively new team within the company, so the landscape is wide open in terms of defining the best ways to work and ways to influence product definition and Member outcomes.
- You'll own research not just for the current vertical’s products that you’re responsible for, but the broader future that these experiences could help people achieve as well.
- You have a built-in audience of 100 million+ people who rely on our product for help.
- You'll be establishing many of the practices and processes to make this team successful.