Motion Graphics and Video Editor at Glu Mobile
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:21 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, April 30, 2020
Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices. Glu is focused on creating compelling games such as DESIGN HOME, COVET FASHION, COOKING DASH, TAP SPORTS BASEBALL, and KIM KARDASHIAN: HOLLYWOOD.
Glu is an exciting, fast-paced and creative place to work - there is enormous opportunity to learn from and work alongside accomplished designers, artists and art directors.
Glu’s in-house Creative Agency, is responsible for the design and development of all Glu games marketing campaigns. We work closely with the Product Marketing and User Acquisition teams, to develop effective advertising strategies and maximize our marketing efforts.
We are hiring for a Video Editor / Motion Graphics Designer, who can deliver projects to a high standard, demonstrating creativity, quality and consistency. This role reports to the Marketing Creative Director, and is based in our San Francisco headquarters.
Candidates must be highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to take initiative and work independently, and also comfortable collaborating with the team. In this role, you will work closely with internal game studios and the marketing team, on creating game trailers, promotional videos and other marketing assets.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an artist first and foremost: a background in Graphic Design or Illustration is a very strong advantage.
- Is a valuable contributor in all stages of creative production: from brainstorming and concepting, to executing and delivering first class marketing art
- Has a keen eye for design, and an innate aptitude for layout, color, and typography that works
- Possesses honed visual communication and commercial art instincts, and the ability to quickly create polished, eye-catching executions
- Is a team player who can take direction and execute against it with little assistance, as well as work independently to generate new advertising campaigns
- Has 5+ years of experience, and a degree in an Art or Design-related field
- Work with the creative team to brainstorm ad concepts, design style frames, build
- storyboards, composite and edit videos, animate titles
- Handle all technical aspects of video production
- Be quick in providing multiple fresh layout/design iterations that are informed by, and complement, existing art, and design styles inherent to our individual products
- Execute projects with attention to detail and on deadline-driven timelines
- Expert in video editing and motion graphics suites, such as Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent understanding of color, composition, and typography
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once as part of a fast-paced, deadline-driven creative team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Cinema 4D
- IMPORTANT: Must be able to provide demo reel/portfolio of recent relevant work demonstrating video, motion design and post-production skills.
- Experience working with Animate (Flash) is a plus
- Experience working with Unity files is a plus (no development skills necessary)
Read Full Job Description