Principal Product Designer at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
As a Principal Product Designer you will discover, pitch, and lead projects. Your focus will be on transformation, and you’ll use design as a tool for honing product strategy decisions and ensuring Dropbox ships coherent and compelling experiences across products. Because work is project-based you will operate in ambiguous terrain and often navigate the best way to elevate a team’s existing knowledge and talent while tactfully pushing ideas and roadmaps. You’ll be tasked with wrangling the complex relationship between business need, customer need, and inspired design. You’ll be asked to lead work independently, win people over, and most of all be motivated by getting into the pixels and mentoring other designers to create incredible work.
Your role will be threefold;
- Work across the Dropbox organizational structure, bringing focus to key customer journeys across our lines of business
- Ensure excellent Product Design craft across the organization. Working with our talented Design Directors, Product Designers, Brand Leads, Research Leads and Content Designers to highlight and focus us down on sweating the right details for our customers
- Identify and drive company-level initiatives that have high value to our business and our customers.
- Problem Opportunity & Framing; Proactively discover company level opportunities whose justifications are extremely challenging and help bring clarity and insight to these problems.
- Ownership; Of specific design-led projects that you proactively seek out. As well as working with the VP Design to identify programs of work where your direction and expertise are needed to guide the work to a successful customer focussed outcome.
- Execution; Work across the entire design organization to ensure that the quality of craft execution and our design practices are to the high standards that our business and customers expect.
- Strategy; In close partnership with the VP Design and Design Leadership Team, help to execute and inform the ongoing evolution of the Design strategy and influence the Product strategies across our company.
- Impact; You are able to develop innovative patterns and systems that are durable, repeatable and set a new standard for interaction for the company.
- Key partners; Design Leadership Team, Extended Design Leadership Team, GMs, President.
- 8-10+ years experience in a senior Individual Contributor role.
- Experience building products in a remote or distributed team environment.
- Exceptional interaction and visual design skills.
- Demonstrated portfolio of shipping amazing customer experiences that have made a significant impact on business and customer metrics.
- Deep organization and execution capabilities, especially in areas of influence and collaboration with multiple stakeholder groups
- Excellent written/verbal communication - an engaging storyteller. Proven ability to hold conversations on design with executives and external industry leaders.
- Experience in design thinking methodologies to lead teams toward customer centered outcomes
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Current Salary/OTE Ranges (Subject to change):
C$195,500 - C$230,000 - C$264,500