Principle Interaction Designer - Central Design Studio at Mural
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As a Principal Interaction Designer in our newly established Central Design Studio, you will be responsible for leveling up the usability of the core MURAL experience. Working alongside a multidisciplinary team (brand, content, motion) you will help develop guidelines, patterns and prototypes that demonstrate intuitive and delightful interactions. You will drive design innovations through research and experimentation.
- Design micro-interactions across important MURAL interfaces.
- Partnering with pillar team designers and engineers to guide detailed interaction pattern execution.
- Be an active champion of design and execution quality through design critique and review processes.
- Interaction design experimentation through lightweight research.
- Mentor teammates to adopt better interaction design practices.
- Be an advocate for diversity with consideration for accessible interaction design.
- 10+ years of expertise in UX and interfaces.
- A strong working knowledge of micro interactions.
- Good taste in modern product design with the ability to find balance between utility and fun.
- Previously worked as a senior individual contributor in UX or product design.
- Knowledge of inclusive design principles and interest in growing accessibility skills.
- Ability to thrive in fast, ambitious and highly collaborative environments.
- An understanding that feedback is a gift.
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.