Process Design Specialist at Affirm
Affirm's Process Excellence team sits within our Operations Operational Excellence team. This team is responsible for 4 core areas:
- Improve existing Operational processes across servicing and collections to positively impact agent and customer experience with an emphasis on efficiency and reduced operational risk
- Use subject matter expertise to build and drive new business processes in response to business growth and change
- Execute projects in a timely fashion driving cross functional awareness and operational readiness
- Maintain detailed and up to date documentation that clearly represents Affirm's servicing model and business rules
As the Process Specialist, Operations, you will be responsible for representing our Customer facing teams in key projects and initiatives by defining the business requirements for new tools or systems and providing business knowledge during the course of the initiative. In addition, this role is key in improving the processes and workflows that add value to our agents/specialists, improve quality and eliminate waste. There will be a heavy focus on ensuring our teams understand the changes being implemented from each initiative as well as feel ready and confident to incorporate them. You will also partner with internal Operations lines of business to provide feedback and coaching. This team has the critical role of continuously improving the knowledge of Affirm's customer-facing teams and directly responsible for how these teams learn, retain, and access new information.
You must have an eye for detail and the ability to lead multiple projects and initiatives. In partnership with the team, you will optimize processes and build robust policies and programs to ensure adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements. You thrive in a fast-paced & ambiguous environment with constant change and a rapidly growing team.
What You'll Do:
- Develop policies that are streamlined, engaging and help our business and teams meet compliance and regulatory obligations.
- Act as the SME and single point of contact for projects and programs by being a key member of the working groups to inform the design, processes and configurations of systems or tools utilized by Customer Care, Collections and Operations Specialists.
- Collaborate with program delivery teams and the business to identify current gaps and opportunities to enhance the customer and agent experience.
- Design, implement and improve operational processes and workflows for the most efficient and effective servicing experience.
- Lead process improvement initiatives in order to enable Customer Ops teams to deliver best in class customer experience.
- Develop a framework for requirements gathering, properly assess changes needed to close gaps, refine processes, increase efficiency and quality, enhance systems and/or increase customer/agent satisfaction.
- Drive the execution of process requirements related to pivotal initiatives and foundational improvements.
What We Look For:
- Hands on experience in an operations environment doing documentation, technical writing, training development, and delivery & project management
- Strong experience in policy drafting, preferably from the financial services sector
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive thinking, constantly seeking improvement opportunities in work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing documentation, training content development, and presentations
- Prior experience working in financial services, fintech space or complex operational or customer support role a plus
- Willing to travel (up to 20%)
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA26
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.