Product Design Leadership, Financial Products at Gusto
Gusto is looking for an entrepreneurial and creative product design leader to lead design for our Financial Products Team. The team is responsible for a fundamental part of Gusto’s product strategy and mission to create a world where work empowers a better life. We aim to improve the lives of employees by leveraging unique moments that happen at work to solve critical problems that trouble millions of Americans.
As part of Gusto’s Product Design leadership team, you’ll be responsible for building & leading a team to build beautiful user experiences that aim to simplify the way people manage their finances. You’ll work closely with a talented team operating as a startup within Gusto to create products that our customers will love and you’ll set a new bar for the industry. Our ideal candidate has successfully led a design team in a previous role, shipped a mobile consumer experience to a large user base, and fosters a creative, entrepreneurial spirit amongst their peers. If you have a passion for building impactful products and think there’s a better way to manage your money than what is currently out there, then let’s talk.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead product design for Gusto’s Financial Products Team, empowering a team of product designers
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, and cross-functional partners to build experiences that keep our customers highly engaged, fully informed, and constantly delighted
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps through customer research and design explorations
- Prioritize and guide new projects based on company goals and business objectives
- Own end-to-end design projects from ideation, research to pixel-perfect execution for new product lines
- Bring existing (and new) product lines to mobile platforms
- Organize and run cross-team collaboration events and workshops
- Bring customer empathy and enthusiasm to every interaction
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in software product design for a complex product, with at least 2 years managing product design teams
- Obsess about the details and hold a high quality bar for visual and interaction design
- Have shipped and iterated on multiple successful products at scale, particularly mobile, consumer experiences
- Are organized and consistently advocate for design methodologies and processes
- Care deeply about user-centric design
- Are an excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Have a humble spirit
- Have genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and a deep desire to improve their lives
- Ideally, you have experience in the zero-to-one early phase of a product (nice to have)
- Have FinTech experience (nice to have)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.