Product Design Manager - Design System and Accessibility at MURAL (Remote)
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As a Product Design Manager you will grow, manage, and mentor a team of product designers to build an incredible design system. You will create healthy, effective working relationships and foster a culture where designers are challenged to do their best work. This is a hybrid role where you will also have the opportunity to contribute directly to the design system, designing with care and respect for accessibility.
- Manage and inspire a team of product designers contributing to the MURAL design system and discrete accessibility projects.
- Contribute directly to the MURAL design system by designing accessible UI components.
- Be an arbiter of design and execution quality.
- Be a strategic partner for other design team leaders at MURAL.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product Management counterparts to plan and communicate design system programs of work, adopting agile ceremonies and practices.
- Hire designers who will continue to push the bar of excellence for the team.
- Advocate for accessibility philosophy and practices.
- 6+ years in a user experience, product design, or a related field with demonstrated leadership of product designers; ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience mentoring or leading other designers.
- Previously worked as a senior individual contributor in UX or product design.
- First-hand experience in designing accessible experiences.
- Experience applying design thinking methodologies and agile within product design teams.
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.