Product Designer, Benefits at Gusto
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
We’re looking for a hungry, talented Product Designer to tackle meaningful problems that small businesses and their employees are dealing with on a regular basis.
We need your help developing one of Gusto’s core product areas: a Benefits platform that helps small business owners provide health insurance and other health and financial benefits to their teams. As part of Gusto’s Benefits Design team, you’ll work closely with a talented group to create products that will make our customers’ lives easier and to set a new bar for the complex healthcare industry.
Here's what you'll do day-to-day:
- Deeply understand and solve complex problems to give our customers peace of mind
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and use research to inform design solutions
- Partner with engineers, product managers, UX writers, data scientists, and other designers to build experiences that make our customers’ lives easier — both on the employer and the employee side
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmap through customer research and design explorations
- Leverage and contribute to our evolving design system
- Own end-to-end design projects from ideation, to pixel-perfect execution for new and existing product lines
- Have 4+ years of experience in software product design for a complex product
- Obsess about the details and produce high quality visual and interaction design
- Have owned end-to-end product design for multiple products
- Consistently advocate for design methodologies and processes
- Are an excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Have a humble spirit
- Have genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and a deep desire to improve their lives
- Care deeply about making access to healthcare easier and more affordable
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.