Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Product Designers translate user insights into decisions that make our products useful and usable. From developing concepts and specs, to crafting new interactions and components, you will be bringing simplicity, transparency, and delight to the complex, confusing industry of consumer finance.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be someone with a dedicated mindset towards making things happen. You can understand the big picture, take ownership, and tackle problems wherever they arise. Domain knowledge in enterprise software or home lending is not required.
How you'll contribute:
- Craft thoughtful user experiences across Blend's entire product
- Be responsible for the development of features from upfront research through execution
- Critique and support fellow designers so they can do their best work
- Steward quality and consistency across Blend's entire product
- Execute in a dynamic environment with ambiguity
Who you are:
- 4+ years experience doing design full-time
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional quality in product design
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain design decisions
- Strength in systems thinking
- Curiosity to learn more about the domain
- Experience strategizing and executing with product and engineering teams
- Command of HTML/CSS, or another presentation-layer framework
- Has shipped something that people use
- Cross-platform design experience (Web, android, iOS)
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description