Product Designer, Mobile Design System at Udemy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:13 a.m. (PST) on Friday, April 10, 2020
The design team is a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. Our strong design culture supports a strong customer-first mentality, professional growth, and setting ambitious goals for our work – and we celebrate hitting our goals together!
Designers at Udemy guide products from concept through delivery; making sure that experiences are intuitive, accessible, and delightful. We work side-by-side with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to build world-class learning experiences for a diverse, global community. You’ll be an instrumental part of the design and product teams, influencing our roadmap, design process, and much more.
As the Product Designer leading our mobile Design System, you’ll deeply influence how designers and engineers create products. In addition to hands-on design in our iOS and Android apps, you will advise and collaborate with teams across Udemy’s key product areas. You’ll define processes for improving and extending our component library, be a voice for quality and usability during design reviews, and evangelize the benefits of our Design System. Your work will be instrumental in delivering consistent, usable experiences to our students, instructors, and business partners around the globe.
An ideal candidate will...
- Lead the interaction, visual, and motion design of Udemy’s mobile Design System through close partnership with designers, researchers, and engineers
- Create a roadmap for improving our mobile component libraries based on business need and customer experience
- Be an advisor supporting excellent native app design across all of Udemy’s product work
- Provide training, documentation and guidance for designers and engineers to get the most out of our design system, and to improve the quality of features and products
- Involve other designers and their unique strengths in the design of components, patterns and templates—often acting as facilitator rather than hands-on designer
- Provide expertise in design tools and help manage Udemy’s UI library
- Collaborate with product and brand to define a unified art direction for our digital products
- Regularly evangelize the Design System mission and provide updates to the design, engineering, and product teams
- 3+ years of practice designing and shipping mobile apps and mobile web projects
- Extensive experience with iOS and / or Material interface guidelines and best practices in mobile app design
- Experience using and improving design systems in your previous work, alongside a systems-focused approach to building complex products
- Familiarity with accessibility guidelines and best practices for localization
- Portfolio showcasing projects that demonstrate your problem solving process and design solutions
- Fluency in Figma and/or Sketch, particularly in managing UI libraries
- Familiarity with InVision, Principle, Framer or other prototyping tools is helpful
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description