Product Designer — Platform Tools at Blend
| San Francisco | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:03 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Platform team at Blend builds the foundations for the full suite of consumer banking product experiences. It is responsible for delivering — at scale — instantaneous and personalized financing experiences across a financial institution’s entire portfolio of products.
As Product Designer(Senior / Lead) on the Platform team, you’ll be driving the design of the Product Builder — our no-code design tool, working towards the vision of enabling same day creation of any consumer banking product.
You will be an early member of the Platform team and the Product Design lead for the Product Builder, owning the strategic definition and execution of its vision, aligning stakeholders, and advising key road-mapping priorities. You will closely partner with Product Design leads on the Consumer and Enterprise teams — they’ll be driving the definition end experiences while you’ll be driving how they are built via the Product Builder.
How you’ll contribute:
- You’ll be setting the foundations of the Product Builder — a no-code design tool that is the heart and soul of the Platform initiative. You’ll be defining the“building blocks” that will be used to create all future digital product experiences at Blend.
- Partner closely with the core engineering team to solve deeply complex problems associated with building design tools.
- Shape the product strategy of the Platform by deeply understanding our customer’s problems as it relates to digital agility, and reflecting that in the design direction of the Product Builder beyond just mere enablement of technical capabilities.
Who you are:
- Genuinely interested by design and / or computational tools, and ideally has worked on one previously.
- Someone who can thrive in ambiguity, get excited about working on 0 → 1 problems, and make decisions with imperfect data.
- Strong systems thinker, and someone who thinks and designs in abstractions, frameworks, and shared patterns.
- You have a technical intuition of how software is built, and are comfortable working very closely with engineers.
- You have strong communication skills that enable you to translate complex ideas to cross-functional partners to drive clarity and alignment.
- 4+ years experience doing design full-time and / or portfolio demonstrating a systematic approach to complex product problems.
- Background in HCI(Human Computer Interaction), Computer science, Information science
- Worked on a Platform before. Keywords:
- Proficiency with Prototyping, and / or Familiarity with Programming
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description