At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Designer to join a group of fast-moving, passionate, and impact-driven user advocates for our telehealth - GoodRx Care product. You’ll be involved in translating user needs into meaningful and desirable customer experiences and will work alongside other product designers, product managers, engineers, data scientists, and more. You possess a strong foundation in user research, information architecture, interaction and service design, which allows you to identify new areas of opportunity for the product, and ensure excellence in craft and usability.
Along with your resume, please include a link to your portfolio, submissions without a portfolio will NOT be considered.
In this role you’ll:
- Deliver compelling, informative, and engaging user experiences for consumers’ telehealth visit experiences
- Partner with research but also independently conduct user research and tests to develop a deep understanding of consumer mindsets, attitudes, & behaviors and use that feedback to push for refinement/improvement
- Articulate and communicate concepts and solutions through impactful storytelling, visualizations, prototyping, and formalized design documentation
- Work closely with fellow product designers on the team to problem solve on best strategies and approaches to designing the core funnel patient experience
- Provide input to the design team and cross-functional partners on how to best approach problems, moving quickly and driving high quality and impactful outcomes
- Partner with product managers to inform roadmaps and planning
- Elevate the work the team is doing through regularly communicating and showcasing world class experiences.
We’re looking for someone who’s:
- A T-shaped designer with strong expertise across business strategy, product thinking, interaction, visual design, and customer empathy
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, including the ability to embrace iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall user experience
- People-focused and wants to design and build products that truly have a meaningful impact
- Deeply collaborative and can bring teams together to solve problems
- Able to work with different types of personalities and working styles
- Strong communicator and story-teller, effectively elevating design-thinking across product, design, engineering, and relevant stakeholders
- Comfortable with ambiguity, self-starter, independent, and reliable
Experience we’d like to see:
- 3+ years of design experience working in a product company, shipped products
- Confidence in advocating for and sharing user-centered design principles
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Well versed in Figma, Adobe CS, and various design/collaboration tools
- Demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Experience with healthcare space is a plus but a requirement
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.