Product Designer, UX
Meraki makes setting up and maintaining reliable Internet and Internet-powered devices easier than ever before. We enable organizations everywhere, from local libraries to hotels operating worldwide, to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our team in simplifying IT. As a Product Designer at Meraki, you will own the design of workflows within a product. Collaborating with other Designers and partners in Product Management and Engineering, you will gather data and conduct research to understand users’ goals, and you will explore and iterate on solutions.
Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our teams. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. On the Design Team, we give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other. As a Senior Product Designer, you will mentor other members of the design team and help shape the team’s processes and practices.
Our team’s primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer journey.
- Learn about the domain and workflows of our users.
- Design screens and flows: run and synthesize research, sketch and prototype solutions, make hi-fi visuals.
- Iterate on designs based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, analytics, and other data.
- Collaborate with partners in product management and engineering. Build effective working relationships and bring the wider team into the design process.
- Present rationale for design decisions.
- Solicit feedback from designers and other collaborators.
You are an ideal candidate if you have examples of how you’ve done some of the following:
- Created designs that solved a problem in a web site, application, or app, and assessed their impact. Shipped designs to target users.
- Created well-crafted and elegant designs that communicate complex messages or support complex workflows.
- Applied principles of graphic design to direct people’s attention and communicate a brand.
- Worked with developers to understand constraints and to ensure that the details are done right.
- Iterated on designs based on user research and feedback.
- Worked within or contributed to a design system.
- You are familiar with all of the following areas, and strong in at least one: research, interaction design, graphic design, front-end code (HTML/CSS). You are eager to learn new skills and deepen your areas of expertise.
- Please include a link to your online portfolio
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, less than a 5 minute walk from the Chase Center and with beautiful views of the AT&T Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every single day, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.