Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle.
Ginger is transforming how behavioral healthcare is delivered by making it easy for people to get the support they need, when they need it, through on-demand coaching, teletherapy, telepsychiatry, and guided self-care.
Businesses purchase Ginger for their employee’s or member’s benefit. Through Ginger’s secure mobile app, people around the world receive immediate emotional support that’s personalized to their needs, and completely confidential. Ginger’s high-quality, team-based care works — 70% of people show significant improvement after 12 weeks of using Ginger.
At Ginger, people are at the heart of what we do. We believe that diverse and inclusive teams make our company better. Teams with individuals that bring different perspectives to challenges are more innovative, collaborative, and create better solutions. We’re building a workplace that actively embraces a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. Come join us!
Fast Company called Ginger one of The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare and the World Economic Forum named us a Technology Pioneer.
What you'll do:
Help us make the world a place where mental health is never an obstacle by creating next-generation experiences for our members, coaches and clinicians.
- Evaluate existing applications and their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Measure the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- Create and implement interaction models, user flows, and user interface specifications in collaboration with product management and engineering teams
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs with other members of the team
- Develop and maintain design wireframes and specifications of best practices to share with design team as new projects begin
- Take broadly defined, loose concepts or ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our members
- Design user-centric experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Conduct user testing and use research to make informed data-driven design decisions
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using mockups, low & high fidelity wireframes, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes
About you and requirements:
- Strong technology and programming skills
- 5+ years in User Experience Engineering or User Experience Design roles
- Portfolio of example projects highlighting design for web-based applications, mobile applications & consumer facing websites and/or applications
- Flexible and curious personality with ability to work well with ambiguity or when requirements are still in flux
- Proven experience demonstrating solutions at the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals
- Eye for design and the ability to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail and user experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- An understanding of the latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Business-minded approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Fluency with common industry visual and interaction design tools, such as Figma, Illustrator, Sketch and Photoshop.
- An outstanding portfolio that showcases your foundation in product design and design systems for web-based applications and mobile applications.
- Entrepreneurial mindset who vigorously looks for ways to improve the product and user experience.
- Understanding of the technical limitations behind your decisions and ability to explain your work, process and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Experience creating UI/UX specs & wireframes and the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to whiteboard to execution quickly.
- Demonstrate high-quality design practices - this includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture, and visual execution
- Like to have fun!