Product Designer at DataGrail (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
DataGrail is growing and looking for a Product Designer that is passionate about user experience and aims to delight customers through intentional, thoughtful design to join our small but dynamic team.
Reporting to the Head of Product Design, the Product Designer will take on defined projects and solve unique, complex problems within our Live Data Map product offering. For immediate success in the role, we are looking for someone who is driven, comfortable with ambiguity, minimal structure, interfacing with customers often and excited to define the future at a rapidly growing startup in the digital privacy space. As the company continues to grow, the Product Designer will also be growing, collaborating with their teams to ensure that DataGrail can continue on its aggressive success trajectory. Ideal applicants will have designed and launched multiple successful products, be comfortable filling in any role on a team, and be eager to collaboratively create products with their cross-functional team.
The Skill Set:
- Proficiency in Figma, Miro, JIRA, Product board, or similar tools
- Outcomes focused mentality, demonstrating a deep understanding of users’ goals and pain points to define desired outcomes that directly benefit the customer
- Feedback oriented, routinely giving critical feedback to peers and manager in a timely manner
- A data-informed approach and a natural curiosity about products and business
- Bonus points for SaaS and/or privacy experience
Within 90 Days You'll:
- Onboard and learn our design stack (Figma, Miro, JIRA, etc.) and how they relate to the end-to-end design process.
- Feel comfortable starting to execute on the day-to-day design needs of your cross-functional team.
- Learn and understand DataGrail’s product development processes and feature development cycle.
- Contribute to discussions and provide design feedback to peers in the Product Design organization.
- Learn internal Product Design processes like customer interviews and contributing to our design system.
- Become knowledgeable about DataGrail’s product offerings: Request Manager, Live Data Map, and DataGrail Integration Network.
- Complete and become certified on your “DataGrail Pitch”.
- Complete design reviews for features on your team, working closely with the engineer that built the feature.
Within 180 Days You'll:
- Be collaborating with the Live Data Map and Product Design team to establish and track quarterly OKRs and initiatives.
- Conduct customer interviews to gain feedback on features and run individual, small scale usability tests.
- Collaborate with Product Design peers to contribute both new and updates to existing components to our design system.
- Accelerating the Live Data Map team’s velocity through high quality, on time artifacts designed with sufficient rigor / context for the team to implement efficiently.
- Document, design, and prioritize 5 - 7 of UX improvements per quarter contributing to the overall user experience and interface through strong collaboration with product and engineering.
- Work closely with the Live Data Map PM to prioritize features on the Product Design roadmap that directly impact the user experience.
- Be proficient in the data privacy problem space by observing and interviewing customers while keeping up with overall trends.
- Present deliverables to cross-functional stakeholders at our weekly Product review meeting.
Within 365 Days You'll:
- Collaborate with UX Research to champion alignment around enabling Privacy Managers to create transformational privacy programs through actively socializing design and research deliverables at company wide events.
- Be a Live Data Map subject matter expert, to both internal stakeholders and with customers.
- Mentor junior members of the team, setting an example for Product Designers.
- Collaborate with Design leadership to prioritize and build the 4-quarter Product Design roadmap.
With the core belief that trust builds transparency, at DataGrail, we provide a privacy platform that empowers people to have more control over their privacy and identity. Our platform eliminates complicated, manual, and time-consuming processes associated with emerging privacy laws. We find and untangle the terabytes of data companies have, make sense of it, and organize it into an easy-to-use privacy program.
We live by our company values every day at DataGrail: Bias for Action, Be Human, Love Our Customers, and Win as a Team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation package + equity
- Work from anywhere - every employee has the choice to select their ideal work environment
- Feel relaxed with unlimited paid-time-off (+2 weeks mandatory!)
- Treat yourself with 8 scheduled “DataGrail Days” a year for personal wellness
- Stay healthy - full healthcare coverage, including dental, and vision
- Save for the future with our 401(k) plan
- Work smarter with monthly hardware and remote office stipends and an UberEats meal program
- All of this and much, much more
DataGrail provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.