Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage their HR & IT — from payroll and benefits, to employee computers and apps — all in one, modern system.
In just 90-seconds, a company can set up (or disable) an employee’s payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps, like Gmail, Microsoft Office, and Slack. It’s the only platform that truly unifies every employee system, and automates all of the administrative work.
Rippling is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised over $200M from top-tier investors, including Founders Fund, Greenoaks Capital, Coatue Management, Kleiner Perkins, and YCombinator.About The Role
Design plays an essential role in this by ensuring the product is intuitive and efficient, helping free up smart people to work on hard problems for their organizations rather than the busy work that often comes with their job. We hold design to a higher standard than others in the industry and it’s an important differentiator for us. The user experience is essential in building trust with our customers, so they can feel confident that important aspects of their business run without fail for their employees. As designers, you’re responsible for creating these experiences that solve real everyday problems for employees.
We’re looking for product designers who are passionate about helping businesses, and their employees, succeed in their missions by helping them run more effectively. We have several product verticals that need design support and we’d love the opportunity to speak with you about them.What You'll Do:
- Work with Product, Engineering, Customer Support, Product Marketing and Sales partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate with different partners to design features in accordance with your team's roadmap.
- Effectively manage your time and process to meet team deadlines.
- Create and validate designs through sketches, prototypes, and testing.
- Determine the information architecture and flow for your product features.
- Create high-fidelity visuals and specifications for your final design solutions.
- Work with Engineering to ensure quality implementation and user experience.
- Work with partners to help summarize and communicate research findings to inform our decisions and build even greater understanding of and empathy for our customers.
- Solicit feedback early and often from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team. Participate in weekly design syncs with the design team.
- Help maintain our design system with other product designers, and advocate for scalable design solutions.
- 3+ years of professional work experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team
- B.A/B.S. in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field/equivalent experience.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a depth of knowledge in user experience, interaction, and visual/user interface design.
- Experience shipping high-quality product experiences.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers, Engineers, and Product Designers to execute on UX deliverables.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience validating design decisions through user/usability research.
If you don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different ways, your life experience is equally important sometimes.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Meeting-light culture
- Onsite meals