About Faire We believe that the future is local. That’s why we created Faire, a marketplace empowering small business owners and independent makers to buy and sell wholesale online. Our platform supports a thriving Shop Local community, and we’ve already connected more than 60,000 local retailers with 8,500 plus wholesale makers.
About this role
Faire is a company invested in good design—as a Product Designer, you’ll join a tight-knit, collaborative team of designers who care deeply about creating beautiful and intuitive experiences. Our team is at the center of product work at Faire, designing experiences for the thousands of small retailers and makers growing their business with our marketplace.
Working with team members across content strategy, design research, engineering, product, and customer service, you’ll strive to understand our customers’ challenges and craft flows that help people move through our products with confidence.
We’re looking for team members that excel across the entire product development lifecycle, come with a growth mindset, and bring a genuine desire to learn about our customers.
As a Product Designer you will:
- Act as an advocate for exceptional experiences when partnering with product and engineering on roadmap and feature execution.
- Participate in and/or lead user interviews and research to better understand customer needs to inform design strategy.
- Construct user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts for validation.
- Develop and deliver well-documented, high-fidelity visuals that accurately represent Faire’s brand and design system standards.
- Present and communicate concepts, designs, and prototypes to stakeholders with clarity.
- Contribute to and positively shape the design team’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration.
- 3+ experience designing digital products and systems. You have a breadth of knowledge of what goes into product design, from systems to visuals.
- Great communication skills. You present design decisions and processes clearly and confidently, regardless of audience.
- A collaborative approach. You’re a great partner to other designers and your cross-functional teammates.
- A growth-mindset. You’re open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor. We spend a lot of time together—sharing gifs and laughing over lunch keeps us energized and inspired throughout the day.
We value candidates that bring a range of experience from different industries and a variety of creative influences. If you’re a maker or retailer yourself and can bring first-hand experience and empathy for the small business and entrepreneurial journey - tell us your story!Additional Information
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.