Product Designer at Front
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:02 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, March 28, 2020
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 5,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to help us in pushing Front’s user experience to the next level. You’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming new product ideas with Product Management to tweaking pixels right before launch with Engineering to adding new components to our Design System. You will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
What you'll do:
- Design for Front’s core product experience across various platforms including web, desktop, and mobile
- Define product and user requirements in collaboration with Product Managers and Engineers
- Understand and represent users in product decisions with cross-functional peers during tradeoff, timeline, and experience discussions
- Design and communicate your vision to the team using mock-ups, documentation, and prototypes
- Impact business goals through effective and efficient development of design solutions
- Participate and shape the design team’s culture by helping define best practices and standardizing processes
What we're looking for:
- 4-6+ years of experience building and shipping world-class products across various platforms
- A portfolio of design projects that shows an understanding of design process and strong craft skills
- Low ego and an eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment
- Collaborative approach and belief that the best products are built through a partnership with Product, Design, and Engineering
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate your design decisions and how they relate to the problem you’re solving
- Deep empathy for users and a passion for solving their collaboration problems
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Read Full Job Description