Senior Designer, Brand & Marketing
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
We’re seeking a talented and driven Senior Designer of Brand & Marketing to join the growing Design team at Chime, where we are working hard to better the financial lives of our members. You’ll be working as both a team lead and individual contributor, generating innovative design assets while mentoring other designers on the team. Your focus will be generating growth for the Chime business while making finance simpler and better for our members.
As a Senior Designer, you’ll be collaborating across functions at Chime, including marketing design, product design, user research, content strategy, growth management, lifecycle marketing, and more. You know that brand and experience goes beyond pixels and you’re not afraid to advocate for experiences that hit the highest bar. You will build upon our Design system, which will help the design team operate more cohesively, consistently, and with greater velocity. You will also help set the gold standard for design execution by collaborating closely with the Head of Design, and together you’ll establish a vision for the future of Chime’s brand and visual marketing strategy.
- Put the user first in all product / design decisions. Don’t lessen their problems, actually eliminate them.
- Act as a champion for high caliber design and experiences throughout Chime
- Create cohesive marketing experiences with high-quality assets that power Chime’s marketing channels and rapidly increase growth
- Create concepts for new creative experimentation from campaigns to ad formats and channels for testing. Utilize best practices and data-driven insights.
- Produce hand-sketches, flow-charts, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and build prototypes (as needed) to illustrate the entire experience of a concept
- Present work to, collaborate with, and influence marketing, growth, research, and product teams
- Wear multiple design hats, helping to work on any project as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web development, advertising, and/or UI design (or applicable experience)
- 5+ years of proven history designing for brand marketing, performance marketing, and/or growth
- Expertise with native mobile design, responsive web design, motion design, animation, and/or video editing
- Strong command of social media platforms and the limitations of/opportunities for each (Facebook ads, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Attitude of mentorship and a knack for inspiring others to be their best every day
- Ability to see many different ways to tackle a problem and weigh the pros/cons of each
- Ability to balance business objectives with user needs and team needs. You represent all sides of the business and know how to create the best outcomes for each.
- A relentless desire to make banking really, really, really (we mean it!) work for our user’s benefit
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.