Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
We are seeking a Senior Industrial Designer to join our Product Design team and help create the world’s most intelligent exercise equipment. If you are passionate about fitness and want to transform the way people reach their personal health goals, join us to develop big ideas, product concepts, and beautiful designs that inspire and empower our members. From our core trainer product to accessories, you’ll have the opportunity to make your mark on the future of fitness.
What You Will Do
- Design hardware products and accessories that push our brand and experience forward
- Sketch and ideate with peers
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Create 2D and 3D renderings with photorealistic imagery using Photoshop, Illustrator, Keyshot, etc. – animation rendering a plus
- Do rapid prototyping using Form 3D printers, laser etching, wood working, etc.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management, Marketing, Content, Engineering, Supply Chain, and other teams to create and deliver high-quality hardware products on timeDeliver top-quality work in a fast-paced, environment
Who You Are
- BFA or BSID from accredited Industrial Design program
- 8+ years experience in product development and/or Industrial Design-related field
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates outstanding aesthetics, ergonomics, CMF, and branding through examples of products created from concept to production
- Self-driven and exceptional at collaboration
- Superior visual communication and presentation abilities
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software, SolidWorks and Solid modeling
- Proficient knowledge of manufacturing processes for metals, composites, plastics and more (including machining, molding for composites, injection molding, 3D printing, etc.)
- Experience working with outside vendors, especially in Asia
Read Full Job Description