Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Design and User Experience team at Returnly is currently expanding. We’re a small but growing team, looking to expand our Product Design function and establish the foundations of our UX team. We believe those foundations include expanding beyond product design, to include UX Writing, Research and Brand Design. This is an opportunity to join a growing team as a Senior Product Designer to help coach and influence others, while creating new and effective ways of working across the entire UX team.
About Your Role
At Returnly, a Product Designer is a hands-on position requiring conceptualization, research, presentation skills, the ability to generate quantity and quality design concepts, set and deliver on deadlines, and communicate ideas effectively. As a qualified candidate, you care deeply about design but enthusiastically welcome feedback. You’re able to balance usable designs with smart, creative risks, and are eager to push boundaries to achieve the most effective solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a big impact on a rapidly growing product experience, while working with a growing team of designers across the world to create a better sense of craft and community at Returnly.
- Lead the design and execution of our Shopper products working closing with our Shopper Experience Design team
- Partner with UX Research to validate ideas and design decisions with qualitative feedback
- Work closely with UX Writing, Engineering, Product Management, Data Analysts, and support teams to plan, define and execute user experience strategy
- Collaborate with designers across Shopper and Merchant Experiences to ensure a cohesive user experience across our entire product portfolio
- Push the visual and interaction design forward and help maintain its cohesion by contributing to our design system and larger documentation
- Help shape the Design team culture, influence the way we work, and participate in the hiring process for new talent.
- Own the end-to-end product development process, to prioritize multiple assignments, present work to internal stakeholders, and deliver killer creative under deadline.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- At least 5+ years of consumer product design experience
- Experience working Product Management and Design teams to influence wireframes and functional specs.
- Experience contributing to, or establishing, design systems for digital product experiences
- Strong mobile experience, you’ve led at least 2 mobile projects end to end and contributed to others
- A strong desire to work collaboratively with a growing design team across Product and Brand, UX Research and Content Strategy.
- Great communication skills with designers and non-designers alike, and can effectively articulate what problems you’re solving for and your design decisions
- Experience and are comfortable validating concepts through research, low and high-fidelity prototyping, and user testing
- An equal amount of comfort working the details of your designs at a pixel-perfect level as well as at a broad conceptual one.
- An ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision, while recognizing how your work impacts it
- Self-drive, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your problem solving skills and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- (Bonus)Experience designing for direct-to-consumer or business-to-business e-commerce platforms
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.