Senior Product Designer, Udemy Marketplace
Design at Udemy
Udemy’s designers guide our global learning products from concept through delivery of the shipped product making sure that our experiences are intuitive, accessible, and delightful. We work side-by-side with product managers, engineers, UX researchers, and business stakeholders to collaboratively build world-class product experiences across all screens and devices for our diverse, global community. You’ll be an instrumental part of the design and product teams, influencing our product roadmap, design process, and everything in between.
We’re a close-knit bunch who enjoy problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
About This Role
As a Product Designer on Udemy Marketplace, you will be responsible for designing our First Time Use (FTU) experience, across all platforms. Your work will help set context and inspire confidence in Udemy. You will work closely with our Lifecycle Marketing team to develop our conversation with our customers. The objective of this work is to help customers commit to Udemy from the start as their place of choice for learning.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Concept and implement a UX strategy for key entry points to Udemy’s product, delivering a clear and concise presentation of Udemy’s value proposition
- Help create an instant, compelling understanding of how Udemy is helping millions of people achieve learning outcomes
- Help drive users to trust our platform and commit to trying Udemy through registration and/or purchase actions
- Play an integral part in the evolution of our Brand and Marketing efforts
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human and Computer Interaction, Web Design, Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent practical work experience
- 4+ Years of Product Design experience, of which 2 at least in a high-traffic ecommerce environment
- A portfolio of end-to-end product design work that showcases your involvement, from research and discovery to visual design and engineering implementation support, and demonstrates your ability to ship products that users love
- A design practice where highly refined visual design and communication skills complement a fascination with behavioral psychology
- You’re excited to work on a team of world-class design, product, research, and engineering talent to make a product that millions of people around the world use to teach and learn new skills
What we look for:
- You’re a natural leader with a highly-collaborative and low-ego approach
- You’re an ambassador for design who brings diverse stakeholders together to align and work together to solve problems
- You’re comfortable kicking-off abstract projects before goals and vision are fully defined and collaborate to define measurable milestones
- You facilitate ideation within your product area and champion the users while managing stakeholder input
- You regularly and clearly articulate your design process, key decisions, and the information and insights that informed your decisions
- You demonstrate expertise in your product area through mastery of best practices and knowledge of the competitive landscape
- You thrive on collaborating with marketing, editorial and content strategy partners to breathe life into product experiences
- You have experience in leveraging design systems in your work to reduce the cost of shipping product while maintaining a cohesive user and brand experience
- You demonstrate patience and a comprehensive investment into the end-to-end process of your projects from problem definition, implementation, and follow through
- You can simultaneously move multiple high-priority projects toward delivery in a fast-paced agile environmentYou have mastery of hierarchy, white space, typography, composition, and demonstrate a refined aesthetic sensibility in your visual design work
- You know how to extract insight from successful and unsuccessful experiments, learn from your mistakes, and identify what you could do differently in the future
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description