Senior Product Designer, XR Product Group at Unity Technologies
Unity is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help conceptualize, design and build novel AR/XR authoring software for desktop and mobile platforms. In this role, you will support a team of expert software engineers to develop editor and mobile tools that will enable thousands of creators to realize extraordinary XR applications and games. You will drive user research to inform product and design decisions and work closely together with other teams and designers to use this technology to underpin their products and services. You will be involved in the entire development process, from ideation to execution, to create tools that solve completely new problems in interesting and original ways.
- Research, design, and prototype completely new desktop and mobile authoring tools
- Create high-fidelity flows and prototypes to describe product experiences, review with stakeholders, and iterate towards a final design
- Work with product, design, engineering and leadership teams to evolve product strategy
- Work within cross-functional teams to solve hard problems that benefit Unity users
- Experience in shipping mobile and desktop software products
- Provide a portfolio of work containing designs and prototypes demonstrating proficiency in product and UX design, an ability to rationalize technology for users, and exceptional attention to detail
- Experience employing data and research to drive digital product design
- Demonstrated knowledge of 3D and/or advanced media creation tools
- Strong understanding of Unity
- Strong understanding of coding concepts
- Familiarity with a range of 3D DCC tools, other engines (Maya, C4D) and procedural workflows (Houdini, Substance)
- Familiarity with applied Machine Learning, especially Computer Vision related
- Knowledge of augmented reality, virtual reality, and emerging technologies
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.