Design at Postmates
We’re a tribe of creative, collaborative individuals passionate about crafting the Postmates brand magic and experiences that delight all customers, merchants, and couriers of our three-sided marketplace. We push the status quo to uncover bold ideas that help connect the best of a city with our customers and change delivery for good.WHAT WE DO
From stories to sketches, prototypes to pixels, the Postmates Design Team crafts the experiences that bring a city closer together, empowering local commerce through a simple touch. As part of our rapidly growing team, you'll work closely with the founders and product team in crafting the future of the company. Specifically, as one of our dedicated Product Designers, you'll be key in building the Design Team as well as the foundation for how our customers, couriers, and partners use our services.
You'll be responsible for designing beautiful interfaces that help people connect deeply with all that their cities have to offer. As one of our Product Designers you'll be working on customer-facing interfaces on mobile, web, and beyond. This also includes creative campaigns, educational resources, videos, and visual systems that support our brand identity. There is an emphasis on visual design for this role, but having UX and interaction design experience is also preferred.
Working directly with Product and Engineering we'll design and implement beautiful, intuitive experiences together. Beyond visual and interaction design, if you happen to have development skills we'll consider that a major plus!
- Initiate, lead, and ship projects
- Articulate design decisions in individual and group critiques
- Document the visual systems you build
- Mentor and train new designers on the team
- Foster a culture of design at Postmates
- Extensive experience designing usable, engaging, and beautiful customer experiences for iPhone, iPad, Android, and the web
- 4+ years experience that includes visual, UX, and interaction design
- Excellent proficiency with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid understanding of grid systems and typography
- You're more concerned with the 'why' than the 'how'
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, required