Senior Product Designer at Gladly
No one likes to be treated like a case number. But these days, even if companies want to build an authentic relationship with their customers, they can't – their software doesn't allow it. That's where Gladly comes in: we put people at the heart of it, let the world's greatest brands treat their customers as people, build relationships, and deliver happiness.
So it's not just our process: the whole premise of our product is to be human-centric. We're looking for an experienced Product Designer to take a human-centric approach in furthering our product, inspiring our team and making our vision come true.Responsibilities
- Work closely with PM and Engineering to:
- Be the voice of design and the end user in all discussions
- Understand market requirements and customer needs
- Define, scope, structure and sequence projects
- Ensure a high quality implementation and resulting user experience.
- Own the end-to-end design features/product verticals over long periods of time, including hands-on execution of flows, prototypes and mocks from the lowest to the highest levels of fidelity.
- Build confidence in ideas by talking directly to customers to understand their needs, observe their workflows and evaluate possible solutions.
- Lead design thinking processes and facilitating out-of-the-box thinking through brainstorms, workshops and sprints.
- Help shape our process and evolve our design culture to ensure we're always shipping great work.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has 5+ years experience designing software, a good chunk of that on the web
- Approaches design with a collaborative, inclusive mindset
- Turns feedback into a learning experience, applying it wisely
- Excels at execution, but is pragmatic about scope and timelines
Also, you don't have to be funny, but it doesn't hurt if you can crack a joke. :)Requirements
- Excellent skills across interaction design, visual design, information architecture and prototyping. We don't expect you to excel at all of those, but we're looking a well-rounded candidate.
- Knowing how to sell your work. You can speak the language of product managers and engineers, and know how to balance business needs and design goals.
- The ability to structure your own time and prioritize accordingly.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, highly responsive to customer needs. We're working on meaty design problems and solving them thoughtfully, but we're moving quickly.
Putting people first We built our product putting people at the heart of it all. And we’ve taken the same approach to building our company.
Focusing on the customer We treat our customers’ goals as our own, and we work hard to achieve them.
Being humble and hungry We applaud initiative and value leadership—but we also believe that nobody is above emptying the dishwasher.
Always learning Everyone’s personal best is ahead of them. Seeking new ways to grow is what keeps us motivated.
Owning it We encourage everyone to seek and share feedback, take calculated risks, and learn from their mistakes.
Communicating it With an open and transparent culture, collaboration becomes a lifestyle and everyone has a voice
Our focus is on people and that starts with our employees. As an employee you can count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Fitness stipend
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By managing customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count JetBlue, Warby Parker, Crate and Barrel and and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly has made the decision to become a full distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.