Senior Production Designer, Brand Marketing Team at Udemy
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:15 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, August 8, 2020
Udemy is hiring a Sr. Production Designer for our Brand Marketing team. This person will be a highly motivated, detail-oriented team player who believes in the mission and purpose of Udemy.
They will be highly experienced in all facets of digital marketing production. This role will partner
with the Sr. Production Manager to plan, execute, and manage all work streams that involve the delivery of Udemy’s channel marketing assets. They will also work closely with other members of Brand Marketing including Design, Video, Copy and Project Management. As a member of this
growing team, they will also be responsible for being a steward of the brand, making sure all production assets are cohesive, adhering to brand guidelines, and are being delivered on time.
They will be excited about the idea of helping to grow the production team with a mix of in-house production support as well as with production studios/agencies to help scale the team and output according to overall company needs.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Act as the lead production designer, working closely with the Production Manager to deliver all channel marketing assets as needed, according to campaign or promotion specs
- Utilize marketing production platforms to build and save high-volume assets
- Ensure that all projects are completed on time, with excellence and high-quality
- Help to maintain an efficient QA process by following established workflow with PM
- Collaborate with design team and copywriters to ensure creative handoffs are smooth
- and efficient to enable buildout of all channel marketing assets
- Troubleshoot production obstacles/challenges to avoid missing campaign deadlines
- Participate in creating and managing outside studio/agency relationships and ensure
- they deliver to Udemy’s high quality standards
- Assist in the creation of production templates, guidelines, standards, etc. as needed
- Communicate with channel team leads when necessary to define/clarify projects
- Help create efficiency and speed as production responsibilities increase and team grows
- Help to mentor other production team members with relevant insights and suggestions
- Create file folders and naming structures to store all promotion and campaign assets
We're excited about you because you have:
- 8+ years of experience doing marketing production; working in-house, at an agency, etc.
- Understanding of marketing channel production challenges, requirements, and best practices
- Knowledge of both digital and print-based marketing production workflows
- Solid understanding of international marketing needs / localization requirements
- Expertise with production marketing platforms (Thunder, Bannersnack, Smartly, etc.)
- Experience working with both internal teams as well as external agency partners/vendors
- A can-do attitude without ego and a willingness to juggle project priorities as needed
- Collaborative with willingness to work in group settings while meeting deadlines
- Level head under pressure, resourcefulness, and creative problem solver
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience organizing, managing and archiving project files
- Experience using Digital Asset Management and Creative Management Platforms
- Experience with Sketch and other prototyping tools (basic usage)
- Understanding of typography, knowledge of color, design sensibilities
- Experience working independently; also communicates well cross-functionally
- Knowledge of Asana (Project Management software) and Box (server)
- Some experience working with and building a global brand
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in rapid iteration
- An understanding of HTML, CSS
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description